Gas Bypass Line Construction
MBS both designs and installs Natural Gas Bypass Systems for most any application. A bypass is a way to access a section of the gas line while continuing to serve gas to the facility.
Applications For Bypass Gas Lines
- Valve Replacements – Gas Cannot Be Turned Off
- Component Replacements (Meter/Regular) – Gas Cannot Be Turned Off
- Gas Leaks – Gas Cannot Be Turned Off But Hazardous Leak Exists
Types Of Bypasses
- Above Ground MDPE Bypass: This yellow pipe is for above ground bypass use. It's protected lifespan is approximately six months.
- Above Ground Steel Pipe Bypass: The traditional, protected steel bypass can hold up to pressures reaching above 100 PSIG.
- Hot Tap Bypass: Hot Tap Bypass is comprised of Hot Tapping and Line Stopping. Hot Tapping is created to safely access a pressurized system by cutting or drilling into the pipe, while under pressure. Line Stopping start with a hot tap, but is intended to stop the flow of gas in the pipe.